Did you know that CNIE-RCIÉ adjudicates and presents a variety of awards each year for our membership?
The CNIE-RCIÉ Awards recognizes excellence in innovative educational practices in the use of technology to support and advance learning at regional, national, and international levels in a variety of settings. Innovative educational practice can be seen in distance, open distributed, blended, and traditional learning environments and these awards recognizes this diversity. This competition is adjudicated by a committee of professional peers from across Canada.
Our Award Categories:
Awards of Excellence
- Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology
- Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design
- Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in a partnership or collaboration.
- Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology
- International Journal of E-Learning & Distance Education
Changes to the 2018 Awards of Excellence Program
Application fee for award submissions will be waived.
- each submission must be made by active CNIE member.
- each submission will only receive recognition in a single category.
- It is expected that you will review the criterion for each award and choose the category that best fits your project.
Awards winners are expected to participate in a five minute presentation during the conference.
- Sprint-style or PechaKucha type presentation outlining the project’s key points of innovation in their awarded category;
- The session is scheduled for Wednesday May 16, at 2:45 pm
- This will give others have the opportunity to learn more about the projects.
- Those who cannot attend will be asked to submit a 5-minute video presentation;
Awards of Excellence Evaluation Criteria has been updated
- Recognition of “Open” will now be considered in the evaluation criteria for the Awards of Excellence submissions.
- For information on how this component will be evaluated, please review the rubrics associated with each category.
Awards of Excellence Descriptions
Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology
Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology acknowledges the innovative work around the effective integration of existing or new technology in the learning environment.
Successful applicants for this award will need to demonstrate how the technology use address a specific instructional problem. The technology can be used in a new or novel way and integrates seamlessly into the learning environment.
Application must acknowledge the relevant user group:
- Higher education (credit course – Undergraduate or Graduate Level)
- Non-formal learning environments (continuing education, professional development/training)
- Learner Services (services areas that support student learning)
Submission will be reviewed based on the Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology Rubric
Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in a Partnership or Collaboration
Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in a Partnership or Collaborative Educational Opportunity, like the integration of Technology award, acknowledges the innovative work around the effective integration of existing or new technology in the learning environment; however focus will be paid to the active contributions made by the partners and/or collaborators on the project. Applicants will also be expected to demonstrate how each partner contributed to the integration of the technology for its intended purpose.
This category is open for all members to apply.
Submission will be reviewed based on the Excellence and Innovation in the Integration of Technology in a Partnership or Collaboration Rubric.
Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design
Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design acknowledges the innovative work around the effective application of instructional design principles to ensure meaningful learning experience. Instructional Design is defined as “a systematic process that is employed to develop education and training programs in a consistent and reliable fashion” (Reiser, Dempsey, 2007).
Successful applicants for this award will need to clearly identify the instructional design model used in the development of a successful learning experience (i.e. module, learning object, course, etc.). Through the application process the applicant will need to explain the rationale for the choice and demonstrate the instructional design choice contribute to the success of the learning experience.
This category is open for all members to apply.
Submission will be reviewed based on the Excellence and Innovation in Instructional Design Rubric.
2018 Deadlines (Awards of Excellence):
- Submissions for Awards Opens: 9 March 2018
- Submissions for Awards Closes: 30 March 2018
- Call for Jurors Deadline: 19 March 2018
All applicants will be advised by email the Week of 16 April 2018 about the status of their submission.
|Online Entry Form (English)|