Message from the President, June 2017
It is my pleasure to post this message to the members of CNIE-RCIE and to those considering becoming a member. This is a fabulous organization that provides its membership with excellent networking and learning opportunities.
I prepare this message while reflecting on the many positive experiences from the successful 2017 conference hosted at Banff Park Lodge. This event wouldn’t have been a success without the active participation of our membership and the guidance and planning of Kari Rasmussen and her planning committee. Congratulations to all involved.
The theme Exploring our past, present and future is an action we need to continue to ensure our currency and that we are making a meaningful contribution to our respective disciplines and fields. As the current president of CNIE-RCIE I would like to challenge you all to become active members in the organization. Here are some ways you can do so:
- Consider becoming a member of the board.
- I speak from experience when I say this is a very collaborative and supportive group that takes a vested interest in serving the membership.
- Share you expertise and knowledge by hosting a virtual presentation.
- Consider publishing your work in one of the two open access journals affiliated with CNIE-RCIE
- Contribute to our annual conference by presenting, becoming a part of the conference planning committee, or volunteering as an awards festival adjudicator.
- We are delighted to have Laurentian University as the host for the 2018 conference! Details will be added to the site as they become available.
I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about CNIE-RCIE, as I am sure any of our current board members would. I look forward to continuing to work with this great organization in this new capacity. Thank you for the opportunity.