Message from the President, October 2019
I am proud to welcome all the members of CNIE-RCIÉ and those considering becoming a member to what I hope will be a very exciting and evolving/transforming year for this amazing organization. CNIE is one the most vibrant and inspirational networks of learning and research in Canada. In addition to the excellent networking and learning opportunities that our annual conference offers, the two journals affiliated with CNIE-RCIÉ provide great opportunities for research, collaboration and professional development.
Our goal is to provide you with an exceptional and inclusive networking experience, and your involvement to achieve this goal is essential. We aim to provide a welcoming platform as well as resources and support for students, and early-career instructional designers and educational developers to connect with researchers and more experienced educators to transform teaching and learning for a better world. I hope you will join me and take part in the shaping of CNIE’s future. Here are some ways you can do so:
- Stay an active member and share your ideas
- Consider becoming a member of the CNIE
- Consider becoming a member of the CNIE board
- Consider publishing your work in one of the two open access journals affiliated with CNIE-RCIÉ
- The Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology (CJLT), and
- The International Journal of eLearning and Distance Education
- Help make our annual conference a success by attending, presenting, or volunteering with proposal review, award adjudication, and conference operations.
We are delighted to have the Concordia University as the host for the 2020 conference! Soon you will begin receiving regular updates as they become available.
I look forward to the year ahead and reporting greater achievements and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about CNIE-RCIÉ. I look forward to continuing to work with this great organization in this new capacity. Thank you for the opportunity.